Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Living Chic and Cheap; Redone Mini Guest Dresser

Just a week ago, my finance and I moved from Indiana to Tampa.  We decided to get a two bedroom apartment so that family and friends can visit as often as possible.  Unfortunately, we only had a bed for the room - and a budget.  While doing some thrifting at a local Goodwill Superstore (the Goodwills are amazing here by the way), we found a small wooden night stand for $15.  We thought would be perfect for a small dresser in the guestroom.  But for those who don't know, I am extremely OCD and anal about how things look together in a room, so I decided to redo the bed and new dresser to match.  Here's how the dresser looked when we got it:
I decided to decorate the room with different shaded of yellow, with white accounts.  Through my obsession with reading crafting blogs, I came up with the idea to use wallpaper brushed with Mod-Podge to line the shelves.  Before I could go shopping for the perfect wallpaper design, I found an atlas poster during another thrifting trip and decided to use it inside.  To tie the dresser into the rest of the room, I chose to use two different shades of yellow.  

While working on this project, my finance and I discovered a night stand for $10 and decided to make matching pieces.  That blog will be coming soon, along with the results of the rest of the room.
Thanks goes out to my mom and dad for giving me the set of three wicker baskets and to my late grandpa Don, who's atlas was shown in the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment